1. Your video should be no more than five minutes in length. If you feel your video needs to exceed this length, please include a short explanation in the comments section of your submission form.
2. Try to keep your file size below 200MB. If your video requires a larger size to maintain quality, that is fine, we won’t disqualify anyone for a high quality video.
3. No titles or credits, please. Also, do not include studio bumpers or logos. These take up time, and distract from your actual creation. A standard title card with credits will be provided for you.
4. Footage used must be primarily from an anime or video game source. You may use multiple video sources. Please list all video sources on the entry form.
5. Audio should be primarily music, without excessive dialog or narration. You may use multiple audio sources. If you use more than one song, or non-song audio sources, include each of them in the appropriate space on the entry form. Some spoken parts are acceptable given the context of your video (i.e. if you are making a Parody or Trailer-style AMV).
6. No subtitles from fansubs or commercial releases. Subtitles that you add yourself are okay.
7. Avoid using video sources with timestamps, network logos, karaoke text, or other visual distractions.
8. If selected, your video will be shown on the big screen via an LCD projector. Try to use the highest-quality video sources you can, and keep in mind that some video will look different when projected.
9. Animazement is a family-friendly convention, so take this into consideration when it comes to the content of your video. Submissions containing nudity, offensive language, and/or excessive violence will be disqualified. Try not to include anything over a “PG-13″ rating.
10. No more than two entries per contestant or studio. If you want us to consider one of your entries as your primary entry, clearly label it in the comments section of your submission form.
11. If your video has won two or more major awards at other conventions prior to your submission it may be disqualified. (This refers to the specific video you submit to us–it’s fine if your past videos have won awards!)
12. While we ask that you select a category for your video, we reserve the right to re-assign or add additional categories if it will better represent the videos we receive.
13. Please keep in mind that some source video and audio is over-used at AMV contests. We won’t disqualify your video, even if your source material appears in bulk–but don’t blame us when your masterpiece is greeted by groans at the contest! Be creative, and set yourself apart from the crowd.
14. If your video has been publicly accessible online or screened at any contest BEFORE June 1, 2020 it may be disqualified. We’d like to keep entries as “fresh” as possible.
1. Entries can only be accepted in digital format.
2. Name your file using this format: “CATEGORY – YOUR NAME – VIDEO TITLE”.
-CATAGORIES FOR 2023-
This year’s special category is TBD
3. Upload your video file to a file hosting service. You may use your own website, or a reputable download service like Dropbox or Google Drive. We require a direct link where we can download your full-quality video file (YouTube does NOT count as a valid download link).
4. Complete the AMV Contest Entry Form here on our website for each of your entries, and paste a direct download link to your video file into the submission form where indicated. Make sure the link you send us is accurate!
5. If you are unable or unwilling to submit your video via a website, you may mail us a data CD/DVD with your video file. For submitting on a CD/DVD disc:
a. Please burn your CD/DVD as a data disc.
b. If there is more than one video file on the disc please label each one accordingly.
c. When you submit your AMV Contest Entry Form, please write “Snail Mail” in the field where you are asked to put a link to your file.
d. Please label your disc clearly with your name and the title(s) of the video(s) on it.
e. Mail your disc to:
c/o AMV Contest Coordinator
PO Box 31582
Raleigh, NC 27622
6. Deadline for entry is TBD
We are not responsible for discs damaged or lost in the mail.
While you don’t need to be present at Animazement to win, it’s a lot more fun for you and everyone else if you are!
1. We accept entries in virtually any video file format (MP4, AVI, MPEG, MOV, etc.). However, the more common the format and codec you use, the more likely we’ll be able to play it properly. Please don’t use obscure, hard-to-find audio or video codecs.
2. We prefer entries to be 780×480 or higher at 23.97 or 29.97 fps