How to Apply for Press Credentials
A journalist, photojournalist, photographer, videographer, etc. can be granted press credentials for specific individuals and organizations that qualify as being associated with printed media, visual media or other accredited news services. Please fill out the Press Credentials Application below in order to be verified and granted press access to the Animazement event.
If you are requesting multiple press passes for one organization, only one application needs to be submitted with the list of names, phone numbers and job titles submitted either with the application within the “brief summary of coverage” field or submitted separately to the Media Relations Director. We have a very limited number of press passes available and multiple press passes may not be guaranteed for one organization.
2014 Animazement Press Credential Application Deadline: May 19th, 2014
Once your application has been reviewed and if it is approved, we will contact you and your organization with further information regarding press rules and procedures.
Please understand that we must be able to confirm that you are a legitimate journalist with a history of publishing information about anime conventions (or similar events) in order to grant you any press privileges. Animazement does not simply offer press passes and free admission to anyone with a blog!
If you have any special requirements, such as needing a table or electricity, please let us know well in advance of the con, so we can help you make any arrangements you will need to make your experience is successful and enjoyable. Please be aware that while free Wi-Fi is not available within the Raleigh Convention Center, the city of Raleigh provides free Wi-Fi outside of the convention center, and across downtown Raleigh.
Press Pass Requirements
1. We expect courteous treatment of convention attendees, staff, and guests.
2. Please practice general good convention behavior.
3. This is an agreement that you will publish photos and/or information about Animazement via your media outlet.
4. You must provide our Media Relations Director copies of all published media about Animazement (including articles, photos, videos, etc.). Digital copies may be sent via email. Hard copies of printed publications may be sent to our mailing address.
5. You must provide our Webmaster with a link to your coverage of Animazement on your website, once available, so we can post it on our site after the con.
Photo & Video Press Policies
All members of the press who are using photographic, video or audio recording devices must read the new standard photography policies for Animazement and must follow the guidelines in place.
Privileges for Animazement Press Pass:
1. Allowed to set up tripods, lights, stands, etc. inside RCC as long as fixtures are not impeding pedestrian traffic, blocking any doorways or cause of any safety concerns.
2. The set up of large temporary fixed equipment (such as jibs & cranes) inside RCC during certain events, programs or panels must obtain written permission from the Media Relations Director to make sure space is available and safety is taken into account.
3. Request for interviews of certain guests, directors and volunteers may be scheduled. Contact the Media Relations Director to coordinate if interviews can be scheduled of certain guests and will depend on time constraint and willingness of the guests.
For all other questions and inquiries, please contact the Animazement Media Relations Director.